Recently, both agents and employers may have received information regarding a class action settlement.
In the Fall of 2020, the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and companies agreed to a class action settlement with subscribers related to licensing agreements within the Blue Cross and Blue Shield System. This involves providing monetary payments to specific individuals and groups among other things.
Members of the Damages Class will now start receiving notification by email and mail about the settlement, mentioning their possible eligibility for a payment as a result of the settlement.
In the days and weeks that follow, settlement details will also be shared through TV, radio, and advertising both in print and digitally. This type of publicity campaign is standard in a settlement like this and is intended to direct people to resources where they can learn more about the settlement. All aspects of the notice campaign and class settlement administration process are being managed by the Plaintiffs through their claims and notice administrator – JND Legal Administration.
If you or your employees have questions, want to learn more information about the settlement, or to file an online claim, you’re invited to visit bcbssettlement.com, call 1-888-681-1142, or email email@example.com as those resources were set up to help with additional information about the settlement and to help you determine your rights under the settlement.
The claims form applies to both employers and employees, and if applicable, you would able to enter information for multiple health plans.
To file a claim and receive a payment, you must file a claim form online or mail postmarked by November 5, 2021.
There is a great deal of information available within the settlement website and within the FAQ’s.
- Employees can refer to FAQs 13-16 on how to file a claim by clicking here.
- Claims may be filed online using the claims Wizard here.
- The information an employee needs to submit a claim is shown on Section C (p. 5) of the paper version of the claim form:
- Unique ID (the ID number on their class notice form), name, address, phone number, email, name of employer, address of employer, name of health plan (as shown on their ID card), BCBS Group # (as shown on their ID card), Subscriber ID (as shown on their ID card), coverage start and end dates.
- The claim form is on the settlement website here.