National General is an insurance company mostly known for auto, RV, and home insurance, but they also offer alternative health insurance plans. Our agents have seen great success in selling these plans to their clients. Here’s everything you need to know about National General health insurance plans.
We began working with National General just two years ago, but it quickly became our fastest growing carrier partnership. We have many outside agents and agents in our concierge department writing a lot of business. National General products really supplement high deductibles and high out of pocket co-pay amounts for individual insurance plans.
Everything You Need To Know About National General Health Insurance Plans
The plans National General offer are affordable and flexible. Whether your client needs short-term coverage, critical illness coverage, or accident insurance, they have affordable options for everyone and we feel we’ve become experts in selling these plans. Mostly because they are truly good product options! Even though open enrollment is over, the following are alternative options for special cases you may find your clients in this year.
Short Term Health Insurance
This is a great option if your client is in between health insurance plans. About these plans:
- They provide coverage for up to 11 months
- They save clients money as they are less expensive than major medical plans
- These are best for clients who need major services and don’t require coverage for pre-existing conditions
Critical Illness Insurance
This type of insurance provides coverage for the entire family and pays a lump sum benefit upon a diagnosis of a heart attack, stroke, or invasive cancer. More about this coverage:
- No medical exam is necessary
- Benefits help pay up to $100,000 of costs usually not covered by traditional medical insurance
- The money paid to clients can be used however they see fit
This policy reimburses your clients up to their calendar year maximum ( or up to $15,000) for a covered accident, which includes hospital costs, surgical costs, x-rays, emergency room visits, physician costs, urgent care centers, and more. This insurance:
- Helps cover deductibles, co-pays, and other expenses not covered by your clients primary major medical plan
- Pays medical benefits to your clients regardless of other coverage they have
- Rapidly reimburses your clients for a wide variety of covered medical expenses related to accidents
National General is a great company and has been an awesome partner for Agent Link. At a very small cost, your clients can now have the comfort of knowing if something major happens health-wise in their life, these products help with out of pocket costs. Most of the time these plans pay the full amount of the health insurance claims. We are so happy to be able to offer this opportunity to our agents. For more information on National General’s products, our partnership, or how to start benefitting from their plans, contact us.