*The deadline for new group submissions is the last day of the month prior to the groups effective date BUT we highly recommend submitting everything by the 15th of the month prior to the effective date to ensure we are able to look things over and get the group submitted on time. During 4th quarter we may need 48-72 hours to respond to emails. Please plan accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions – Kentucky Small Groups
- Can I write a husband and wife group?
- Anthem is the only carrier that will accept a husband and wife group. One of the two must be considered a taxed employee.
- What is the minimum employer contribution?
- Anthem and Humana do not have a required contribution amount and UHC requires a min of 50% of the employee only costs.
- What is the participation requirement?
- Anthem requires 50% of eligible employees, after valid waivers.
- UHC requires 50% of all eligible employees, regardless of waivers.
- Humana would like to see 50% of net eligible but it is not required.
- Can I write a 1-person group?
- Anthem will allow if there are still 2 eligible for insurance.
- Humana will allow if there are still 2 eligible for insurance AND they are not related.
- UHC will not allow.
- Can I pick composite or age rates?
- Anthem will allow the group to be rated either way, regardless of size.
- Humana and UHC will require a minimum of 10 employees to receive composite rating.
Tracy Tatum, Group Benefits Manager 1207 Ttatum@agent-link.net 502.400.8575
Amanda Frank, Small Group Quoting/Enroll/Renewal 1282 Amanda@agent-link.net 502.400.8590
Stephanie Byrnes, Small Group Quoting/Enroll/Renewal 1232 Stephanie@agent-link.net 502.813.4784
Seth Allgeier, ACS Quoting/Enrollment 1246 email@example.com 502.400.8581
Heather Jenkins, Customer Service-Group 1206 firstname.lastname@example.org 502.992.4088
TBD, Customer Service-Group 6408 502.861.7715