Small businesses are an important part of our communities and the economy. For agents selling Small Group benefits, the goal is to ensure these essential companies have access to cost-effective healthcare plans for their employees and their families. Association plans, also knowns as chamber plans, make it easier for these small companies to provide insurance.
Why Small Businesses Choose Association Plans for Cost Effective Healthcare
Small businesses with 2-50 employees often struggle to find a flexible and cost-effective way to provide health insurance to their employees. Association plans give employers more options than other Small Group plans. These plans are designed to allow small businesses to join together and get the advantages of larger groups. This means cost benefits and better plan options.
Benefits of Association Plans
Association plans are self-funded and designed specifically for small businesses with a few key benefits in mind:
- Combine purchasing power with other small businesses
- Competitive rates and flexibility in choice of plans
- Join together small businesses to create a larger group that gives you more stable and predictable monthly rates and greater negotiating strength
These benefits and more make this type of plan ideal for small businesses. Plus, with backing by Anthem, they can stay protected.
Features of Association Plans
Anthem Association plans also include plenty of features that employees love. Here are just a few:
- Annual wellness exams, health screenings, vaccines, flu shots
- Support and quality care programs for future moms, people with autism, and transplant and cancer patients
- A personalized mobile and digital platform with tools to find doctors and compare costs
- Health assessments and guided action plans
- 24/7 access to registered nurses for questions and guidance
Not only do employees get the cost effective healthcare coverage they need, but they also receive holistic care.
Often, people looking for a full-time position are looking for a company that provides health insurance benefits. And employees working for a company with good benefits are more likely to stay longer with the company. Employee happiness and retention are both important factors in a business’s overall success.
Association plans help businesses do just that by providing employees with large group benefits in a small business setting.
Download our Guide to Anthem Association Plans for even more information on the benefits of these plans.
Agent Link is here to help with any questions or issues you may encounter when selling Anthem Association plans. Learn how we can help you sell Association Plans here.