Anthem has released an update pertaining to the original information shared below. The update reads:
“GOOD NEWS!!! Legal has brought it to our attention after further searching that although the new IRS Guidelines on Deductibles/OOP max applies to all qualified HSA plans including GM plans, we (Anthem) can make a change as part of a uniform modification to increase the deductible/OOP max so that the plan matches IRS requirements for a qualified plan and that DOES NOT eliminate GM status. Please note that this will not impact the group’s rates.”
Originally Posted to Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Producer Online News | August 24, 2015
The IRS has implemented new guidelines for HSA plans that may impact some of your Anthem groups. The new guidelines focus on deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses for HSA plans. The new IRS guidelines are as follows:
- Individual Minimum DEDUCTIBLE: Network– $1,300 per member per benefit period
- Family Minimum DEDUCTIBLE: Network– $2,600 per family per benefit period
- Individual OUT-OF-POCKET Maximum LIMIT: Network– $6,450 per member per benefit period
- Family OUT-OF-POCKET Maximum LIMIT: Network– $12,900 per family per benefit period
Due to these new IRS guidelines, the Anthem plans listed below are not compliant with the IRS guidelines for qualified HSA plans.
- Lumenos HSA 6.0 Option 51
- Lumenos HSA1 6.0
- Lumenos HSA E73 6.0
Please review your current book of business to determine if you have groups that may be affected by these new guidelines. If you have any questions regarding these changes, contact your Anthem sales representative.
This article applies to:
- Small Group
Questions? Contact Tanya@agent-link.net